Vacation season is here, which means it’s summertime in Conejo Valley! If you find yourself visiting when the mercury begins to rise, you’ll be pleased to find plenty of ways to keep cool while discovering another side of Southern California.
Here’s a roundup of the best ways to keep cool in Conejo Valley this summer!
- If you love to shop, Thousand Oaks has you covered with the Oaks Shopping Center, which is completely indoors and offers every store and boutique imaginable. You can also pay a visit to The Lakes, an outdoor shopping plaza with plenty of air-conditioned restaurants and shops to provide a break from the heat.
- Exploring arts and culture in Conejo Valley is the perfect way to avoid the summer sun. Spend a day inside one of the area’s major museums, including the historic Stagecoach Inn Museum, the California Museum of Art of Thousand Oaks or the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.
- If a museum isn’t your scene, you can get some indoor activity and exercise in at Boulderdash Rock Climbing, which offers climbing for all abilities and ages. Or head to Sports Academy where you can play all types of sports including basketball, soccer, volleyball and much more.
- Of course, not everyone wants to spend their whole vacation inside. Cool off in the water at the breathtaking Zuma Beach in Malibu! Long stretches of sand and crashing waves will greet you at one of the area’s most popular beaches.
- Come evening, the temperatures may begin to cool down, but there’s still plenty of fun waiting for you inside one of Conejo Valley’s concert venues. Catch a rock concert at The Canyon, a trendy yet comfortable venue in Agoura Hills, or visit the grand Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza for a pleasant evening of performing arts.
- Had enough activity for the day? Head indoors to sip on a cold refreshment. Check out the craft brews at The Dudes’ Brewing Company, or try a craft cocktail at Twisted Oak Tavern in Agoura Hills. The Tipsy Goat is another local favorite, offering excellent food and drinks across the board.
- Finally, the best way to stay cool during your visit is to relax poolside at your hotel. From luxurious pools to cabanas, our hotels offer something for every style and budget.
See you this summer in Conejo Valley!