Looking for an experience to make your visit to Conejo Valley more memorable? Look no further than the Malibu Wine Safari, which takes visitors on a wine tasting adventure through the thousand-acre Saddlerock Ranch and vineyard.
The wine may be great, but the company is even better. Saddlerock Ranch happens to be home to a number of retired animal celebrities who starred in countless Hollywood films, and now they are living the good life as visitors spoil them with attention.
One of the most popular animals on the safari is Stanley the Giraffe. This famous, friendly fellow loves to eat, take photos with new friends and get lots of good petting from visitors. When you book your safari tour, make sure you select the Giraffe Tour or the Vineyard & Lunch Tour – these are the two options that will bring you up close and personal with him.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when meeting Stanley:
- Make a funny face in photos. Stanley likes people with personality!
- If you don’t like animal kisses, keep your distance. Stanley’s giraffe tongue is big enough to lick his, or your, whole face.
- Snacking is Stanley’s favorite activity, so if the guides allow you to feed him, make sure you have some giraffe-friendly snacks in your pocket!
- Always, always give him some petting, or his feelings might get hurt.
- Remember to be gentle and respectful of Stanley and all his celebrity pals!
Want more Stanley? Follow his antics on Instagram, and be sure to read up on Saddlerock Ranch and make your reservations before you visit!