We’re approaching the last few months of the year, a time where many in our community give back to those in need. We at the Conejo Valley Tourism also think it is a great time to give back to those in the Conejo Valley community that make it unique and we want to encourage locals and visitors to fill the bins and give back to the community.
This year, we are partnering with the Manna Conejo Valley Food Bank to increase non-perishable food donations. Founded in 1971 by a group of people who felt that no person should ever go hungry in the Conejo Valley, the Manna Conejo Valley Food Bank has been providing food assistance to friends and neighbors in need for more than 40 years. Through this partnership, Conejo Valley Tourism has provided donation bins to hospitality businesses that are part of the tourism district.
The food bank will accept non-perishable food items including canned vegetables, stews, beans and chilies; dry pastas such as spaghetti and macaroni and cheese; additional boxed items including potatoes, cold cereals, crackers and cookies. Visitors and locals alike can donate non-perishable food items from October 2 until November 17 to the following 14 donation locations:
- America’s Best Value Inn (Thousand Oaks)
- Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn (Thousand Oaks)
- Courtyard by Marriott (Thousand Oaks)
- Hampton Inn & Suites (Agoura Hills)
- Hampton Inn & Suites (Thousand Oaks/Newbury Park)
- Homewood Suites (Agoura Hills)
- Hyatt Regency Westlake (Westlake Village)
- La Quinta Inn & Suites (Thousand Oaks/Newbury Park)
- Motel 6 (Thousand Oaks)
- Palm Garden Hotel (Thousand Oaks)
- Premier Inn (Thousand Oaks)
- Quality Inn (Thousand Oaks)
- Sheraton Agoura Hills (Agoura Hills)
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott (Thousand Oaks)
If you are visiting Conejo Valley between now and November 17, we encourage you to fill the bins with food for the Manna Conejo Valley Food Bank! To learn more about the Manna Conejo Valley Food Bank, please visit http://mannaconejo.org/.