The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum is one of our region’s most unique attractions. Located in nearby Simi Valley, visitors can step aboard Air Force One used during Reagan’s presidency and view an exact replica of the White House Oval Office. However, exciting features of the museum expand past these two impressive displays. Exclusive exhibits are presented here throughout the year and we couldn’t be more excited about the newest arrival and only Southern California stop – Genghis Khan!
The Genghis Khan exhibit showcases hundreds of artifacts from Genghis’s 13th century Empire, the largest collection ever to tour. The one-of-a-kind exhibit portrays Genghis’s reputation as the greatest conqueror in history as he dominated three times more land in his lifetime than Julius Caesar or Alexander the Great. Visitors will experience the exhibition through the eyes of a Mongolian resident, receiving a civilian identity card at the beginning of their journey.
Here are a few things you’ll discover while visiting the breathtaking exhibit:
- Learn about Genghis Khan’s earliest struggles.
- Learn how Genghis Khan united warring tribes in order to form an unrivaled cavalry.
- Explore the equestrian culture and innovations in weaponry Genghis Khan mastered.
- Learn about the recreation of Karakorum, which became the capital of the Mongolian Empire.
- Explore the vital trade route along the Silk Road.
- Trace the influence of Genghis Khan in images of modern Mongolian life.
The thrilling exhibition features more than 200 spectacular objects, including rare and sophisticated weapons, costumes, jewels, ornaments, instruments and numerous other fascinating relics and elaborate artifacts from 13th-century Mongolia.
The Genghis Khan exhibit is open at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum through August 19, 2018. Get your tickets today and plan your next trip to Conejo Valley!