From restaurants and breweries to trampoline parks and painting, Conejo Valley is buzzing with new hot spots as the year begins. Take a look at what’s new and start planning your 2018 trip today!
Food & Drink
- Be one of the first to check out Five07 Coffee Bar & Eatery in Thousand Oaks, which opens this January! The eatery will include tea and espresso drinks of all kinds from the coffee bar, bright and flavorful smoothies, Acai and power bowls and more filling items including crepes, sandwiches and dressed-up toast.
- Agoura Hills is welcoming some tasty new restaurants this year, too. Naked Ramen has officially opened a brick-and-mortar location after operating as a pop-up only in recent years. This is the place to go for an authentic, delicious bowl of ramen. Charm Thai Cuisine also recently opened, which features Thai favorites in a modern yet warm atmosphere.
- Inspired by the owner’s patriotic lineage, the recently opened 14 Cannons Brewery in Westlake Village is a must-see for beer aficionados. The brewery is reinventing the craft brew experience and features beautiful craftsmanship, from a copper top bar to hand-crafted wood décor. Its flagship beer, Tyrannicide IPA, is sure to go down smooth. And for any “Bachelor” fans out there, the owner and builder of this brewery also built The Bachelor Mansion!
- Also new to Westlake Village, the farm-to-table restaurant Moody Rooster recently opened and offers guests a culinary experience inspired by local, seasonal ingredients in a fun, rustic atmosphere. Head chef and owner Collin Crannel’s resume includes upscale eateries around Los Angeles, including a Michelin-starred restaurant.
Arts & Entertainment
- If you’re looking for something totally different to do during your visit to Conejo Valley (or if you have older kids who need to burn off some energy), check out DoJoBoom Extreme Air Sports at Janss Marketplace in Thousand Oaks. This recently-opened location is the place to go for a major adrenaline rush – with a range of athletic endeavors including obstacle courses, trapezes, giant trampolines, a rock climbing wall and much more.
- While most visitors may not think to check out the local library, bibliophiles may be interested in the new Author! Author! program at the Thousand Oaks branch library. The program just launched, and will feature two authors each month to discuss and sign copies of their latest books. You can learn more at the library’s website.
- Looking for a little fun after some shopping, dining or hiking? Painting with a Twist is a newcomer to Thousand Oaks, and offers paint-and-sip style events led by a team of talented local artists.
There’s surely more new sights and places to discover this year, so book a trip soon and be one of the first to explore Conejo Valley in 2018!