Yes, National Relaxation Day is a thing, so on August 15, be sure to celebrate the right way while visiting Conejo Valley. We hope some of these places inspire you to kick back and relax!
- Visit the Lindero Country Club – This laid back country club in Agoura Hills is open to the public, and has something for everyone. Spend the day lounging in a poolside cabana, enjoy a leisurely lunch at the club’s restaurant, or try a low-key round of golf.
- Get a massage – What better way is there to unwind than to get a massage or spa treatment? There are a number of day spas and massage parlors around Conejo Valley, including In Touch Massage and Day Spa, which comes highly recommended by locals.
- Lounge by the pool or hot tub – You may not even have to leave your hotel to relax. Many of the properties throughout Conejo Valley have lovely pools and inviting hot tubs.
- Meander through the Conejo Valley Botanic Garden – Located in Thousand Oaks, this 33-acre open space is a peaceful place to take a stroll. The ample flowers, plants, butterflies, birds and trees create a beautiful ambiance that is certain to bring some tranquility and relaxation to your day.
- Take a yoga class – Yoga may be the ultimate de-stressor and a perfect way to find some calm, quiet space. There are plenty of yoga studios around Conejo Valley, including Agoura Power of Yoga in Agoura Hills and CorePower Yoga in Thousand Oaks.
- Malibu Creek State Park – This is a huge green space located southeast of Thousand Oaks. While many visitors go the park to take advantage of the great hiking trails, it’s also a nice spot to take a quiet walk or to have a scenic picnic with spectacular mountain views.
- DeLiese Cellars – Looking to relax with a beverage? Savor some of the best local wine at DeLiese Cellars in Thousand Oaks. This locally owned wine tasting room offers a handful of varietals in a laid back, friendly place.
Whatever your ideal definition of “relaxation,” Conejo Valley is sure to offer a little slice of zen!